Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Insane or Pink?

For the past few months I have been living in my own little personal hell because I thought I was going insane, especially while driving.

When ever I am driving, I swear that my cell phone is ringing, vibrating or notifying or some other kooky cell phone shit. I’ve found with having 4 school aged kids, that when the cell phone makes a noise, you DEAL with it!  After all, it could be the school nurse, the principal (or worse, the vice principal), a kid that forgot homework or field trip money, a kid facebooking song lyrics or school lock down statuses or the pediatrician asking for organ donation permission etc etc.

I have finally realized that my imaginary cell phone sounds are from songs on the radio.  Particularly “Raise Your Glass” by Pink. 


Every time that song is on the radio, I swear it sounds exactly like my phone! I ALWAYS freak out & start desperately digging for my phone while driving & trying to decide which kid organs I am willing to part with  (yeah okay, corneas, oh-wait, what happens in heaven without corneas? Shit-that might suck)



Everything changed the other day.  I have my awesome daughter to thank for the realization that I’m not completely crazy (or at least not alone in my insanity) because when we were in the car jamming to Pink’s Raise Your Glass song  -♫ Slam slam oh hot damn, what part of party don’t you understand?” (That’s my favorite part), awesome Addie Bird says “Mom, is your phone ringing?” OMG! I started happy driver dancing and daughter hugging (which for the record is not as dangerous as text driving) and welcomed her to cuckoo town. 

 
Now if I can just get that fucking ATT 4G “I like Tacos” commercial dude  to stop messing with my head, I will be in good shape!



3 comments:

Slyde said...

now THAT is pretty darn funny! every time i hear a police siren on some radio show i freak out because i think a cop is behind me..

and i LOVE that taco comercial...

Slyde said...

p.s. yes, i know its a cell phone comercial and NOT a taco comercial...

you know what i mean :)

Bless My Bitchy Heart said...

Ahh HAHAHA Slyde! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! We have a radio insurance commercial here that has a siren. It gets me EVERY time! Yesterday I heard a new song that has a riff that is identical to the sound my turn signals makes. GAWD! Thought I was turning into a blue hair that drives all day with the blinker on.