Monday, June 27, 2011

115 Degrees and Other Lessons


So it’s 115° in Tucson today.

(yup, that's my back porch)


Below is what the local news told us today regarding the Heat Advisory:


Wear light clothing.  Wheew that was a close one! Thank YOU! I almost wore a coat & mittens today.



Drink plenty of fluids. Again, thank you! It is SO hard to remember the whole fluids thing when you catch on fire while walking to the mailbox.

Stay out of the sun.  Hehehe. Excellent advice, what would I do without it?

Wear sunscreen.  I had something else in mind, but mkay.



 
Unrelated, but another lesson learned today.  ALWAYS read the description very closely before you splurge and buy your yellow/gold Labrador pup a really nice subtle colored leather collar online to match her fur that costs more than you would pay for a belt.  Gold can have different meanings.



Christy the gangstuh, is now actively seeking a record deal or at the very least a high end street corner or Christmas tree to adorn. She's such a hooch. Kinda worried that her new collar might fall under the AZ out door fire ban.


3 comments:

Amber said...

I'm in Oklahoma and it gets hot like that here as well. Well, maybe not THAT hot but anything over 100 is too much for me.

Bless My Bitchy Heart said...

I hear ya Amber, I'm a Southern Kansas born & raised girl (ICT) -so I KNOW 100° in that part of the world is brutal with the humidity. Thanks for the comment.

Mrs. Tuna said...

I feel you, its a bit hot here in Phoenix too. Be riding my horses at 5 AM to beat the heat.