Monday, April 4, 2011

MEAN Grouchies

We took the new pups to a shot clinic this last weekend at a local dog groomer's store.  Evidently this shot clinic is held twice a month & vet techs and vets volunteer etc. 

Our first red flag was the big ole sign on the front door that said (not kidding here)  "A $10.00 fine will be applied for any grouchy dog." Man I wished I had taken a picture of that.  Plus, it was basically a storage space in the back woods of Southern AZ (dirt roads etc).


Below is how the conversations went upon entering:



Me: Hi there, we are here for the shot clinic.

Mean Lady:  Fill out the gray portion of this form.

Me: Okay. May I have another form for my son’s dog?  He's outside right now, but on his way in.

Mean Lady:  Sure

Me: Thank you, here’s my –

Mean Lady: (interruping) NO I SAID ONLY FILL OUT THE GRAY AREA!

Me:  Heart pound, pee drips, mental OMG’s. Ummm, oh where did I mess up?  This little box that I checked that asked me how I heard about your place?

Mean Lady:  Yes! That’s NOT gray!

Me:  Eyebrow (are you fucking crazy) raise & evil eye.

Mean Lady: What do you want done today?

Me: Well, we are here to get our 2nd round of puppy vaccines.

Mean Lady: What about de-worming?

Me:  Well, we de-wormed them when they were 8 weeks, so-

Mean Lady: (interrupting AGAIN) WELL YOU HAVE TO DE-WORM EVERY 2 WEEKS!

Mental Me:   Gaw Damn IT!  Could you just punch me in the FACE next time?!? Your verbal outbursts are making my heart skip beats & I’m tired of peeing my pants!  I have NEW sparkly sandals on & I REALLY don’t want pee stains on them you WEIRDO!


Enter John (the hubs)

Mean Lady to John:  Put that gorgeous pup on the scale. (Eeew weird suck up ish).

John:  Ok

Mean Lady:  Don’t move her!  DON’T PUSH DOWN ON HER LIKE THAT OR WE CAN’T GET AN ACCURATE READING!

John: Ok, she’s a puppy and a little wiggly.

Mental Me:  My GAWD is this woman for real?

Mean Lady: 17 pounds.

Enter Alex (my son with his puppy)
Mean Lady comes to pet Alex’s dog (ours was outside with John to avoid the negative energy and it was obvious suck up shit again)

Alex: Oh man, she just pissed on my foot (Who Me? Not again Damnit! )

Me:  Oh here son, I have a paper towel in my purse.

Mean Lady:  NO! DON'T USE THAT! I HAVE PAPER TOWELS!

Mental Me:  Ummmm, SCUSE ME! I can give MY son a paper towel, Kleenex or a piece of USED fucking TOILET paper you FREAK! 

Alex: Eyebrow raise huh?

Enter John (again) with our pup.

Me (whispering to John): Did you hear that lady rip me a new ass? I was so ready to grab our dog & bolt the hell out of here.

John:  Yeah, I know (while laughing)

Me: Why are you laughing?  

John: At you saying we we're going to bolt.

Me: Ah ok, why didn’t you get in her face over that?

John:  I was too busy mending my own ripped ass over the scale shit.




 Fast forward to that night:
 Me:  I am NEVER setting foot in THAT place AGAIN!

John:  (Mr. Diplomacy) Oh, she was was probably just having a bad day since she had to work on a Sunday.

Mental Me: Oh for fux sake, she is the OWNER! Are you kidding me?
Real Me:  Ok

I’m all about giving second chances.The techs and veterinarians were friendly and knowledgeable. Getting past the owner with your with your ass in tact is a bit tricky, but the hubs & I discussed it and decided on a compromise.  Next time we're going to switch things up. Sparkley sandals, makeup & clean clothes are a big no no. I don't know who the dude is below, but I bet the dog shot clinic lady is nice to him.





 Do you have any crazy over the top stories about crappy service?  Comment me if so.  Would LOVE to hear about it. 









 

 

No comments: