Thought I would start a new weekly thing. The Best and the Worst of the week. Yes, it is only Wednesday and yes I will probably only do it once.
1. Great Easter with the fam. No burnt or poisoned food. Also a few family pictures taken without mean profanities, tears or punches thrown for a change.
Addie, Myles, Alex, Andrea, John, me and Blake
Andrea (almost daughter in law), myself and daughter Addison
2. Youngest son finally got a voice lesson slot with a male instructor at music school after being on 2 month waiting list. Yay Myles! ♫ Now ramp up your
3. Middle son (17) secured a 4 day spot to PHX Comicon next month.
- Middle son (17) secured a 4 day spot to PHX Comicon –(ok, bi-polar on this issue. Bite me, he's only 17).
2. Our sweet little cat Lydia went missing on Easter.
Yes, flyers posted, ads placed, Animal League called with details, arguments with hubster about my cell phone number on flyers encouraging stalkers & burglars blah blah blah.
Oldest son told me he was CERTAIN she would come back! yeah I know, as a fucken six armed blue Hindu giraffe princess or some shit…I get it.
3. Broke ground on our LAST Medieval 6th grade social studies castle EVER! It’s due in 11 days *awesome*. Being our first GIRL castle after 3 boys, she chose to replicate The Alcazar Castle, of course she did. It’s basically Disney Land’s Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. No biggy-
might eat a gun before we're finished.
The following arguments ensued:
Hub/Dad: I really think we can use part of Myles’ old castle for this. Let’s recycle some of this.(fucking greenies, there is a time & a place where that shit works, this is NOT one of them)
Addie: OMG! I am NOT using ANY part of his castle. It’s gross!
No shit John, that’s a dude castle! What are you thinking? I don’t give a lady in waiting’s bucket of shit if it was the best one 3 years ago, it sucks NOW. John I think we should really girlify this one up. It’s our LAST one ever & I’m feeling pink & maybe some sparkle this time.
Addie: Yeah DAD, GAWL!
Me: I’m sure we can work this out. I see some things we can possibly re-use Addie. Deep breath, go to fucking mental Nice Wife/Mom Town, The castle builder leaves for Geneva in 12 days on business and there is NO WAY am I going to sacrifice my chocolate over a castle fit. John & Addie, I know we can knock this out of the park, we always do. No worries.
Below is the progress we have made. We SO GOT THIS!
And YES those are MY practice cones, I mean pointy turrets or WTF ever made from a piece of junk mail-I can SO be green!